- June 12-15, 2014
- September 11-14, 2014
- $1095 CAD per person, based on double occupancy
- Single supplement: $275 CAD
- Group size: Maximum at 8 guests, double occupancy.
- Detailed sport photography instruction led by Dan Barham
- Local Yukon bike guide
- All land transport required by the itinerary
- 3 nights Yurtville accommodation
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks as outlined in itinerary
- Boréale t‐shirt
What’s Not Included:
- Travel insurance
- Visas (if required)
- Personal equipment (including bikes)
- Miscellaneous expenses ‐ drinks and souvenirs etc.
What to Bring
- Camera - an SLR is preferred. If you have extra lenses etc, great, but it is not absolutely necessary. Dan has indicated he is happy to loan out his gear if anyone would like to try out his equipment.
- Laptop - if you own one, please bring it. If not, please let us know and we will arrange for a computer.
- Software - a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom loaded on the computer. If you do not have this software, we will install a free trial to use throughout the clinic. He will be going through how RAW works and photo processing.
- Bag - a bag large enough to get your gear to and from locations. Ideally they should be backpack style as we will be biking.
We do have a limited supply of full suspension Norco Sight 3s available for rent for our package clients. They are rented for an additional $40.00 CAD per day. We also have all the tools and stand required to build your own bikes.
Summers in the Yukon are generally quite temperate and it is a semi-arid environment, meaning we don’t really receive a lot of rain. Average temperatures range from day time highs of approximately 20°C/65°F to possible night time lows of 5°C/40°F.
Clothing: We love layers and recommend people bring a rain jacket, fleece jacket and comfortable clothes for lounging around the yurts after a day’s ride.
On Bike: For riding, we recommend people bring their usual cycling attire such as shoes, padded bike shorts, shorts, t-shirts, long sleeved shirts & pants, wind breaker, full fingered cycling gloves, sunglasses, and a backpack or hydration pack.
Over the course of the 3 days, Dan will work with you to teach you how to get the best from your camera, proper exposure, timing, composition, getting the ‘soul’ of biking across, advanced techniques (like off camera flash if people really want it), basic processing. Each day will be a mix of scouting, shooting, processing and learning about the professional side of sport photography.
Meet at Yurtville in the morning for coffees and introductions. After, we will head to the Grey Mountain trail network and will spend the morning scouting locations for our shoots. Today we will get in as much shooting time as possible, learning new techniques applicable to ‘on trail’ sets. The afternoon will be spent going over specific wants of the industry and how to capture them in your photography. Late evening shoot.
Montana Mountain has recently undergone a transformation from a silver mining hot spot in bygone years to a current mountain biking paradise! These trails have many features that will help you gain an appreciation for spacing, angles, lighting and contrast.
We will spend the morning processing our photos with Dan’s assistance. We will again head out to scout another type of mountain bike photography. In the evening we will head to a local race to get a feel for speed shooting as the racers take to the course.
After a continental breakfast and delicious Midnight Sun coffee to go, your guide will transport you back to the airport in time to catch your flight back to reality!
Our company has a special airfare deal with Air North, Yukon’s Airline, making the total trip price $435 CAD from Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton-Whitehorse return with an extra $25 per direction for bicycle transport, payable at check-in counter. This airfare deal needs to be booked via Boréale Biking.
Whitehorse International Airport (YXY) is serviced daily from Vancouver, BC through Air North, Yukon’s Airline, Air Canada and Westjet. For European departures, Condor flies direct from Frankfurt, Germany to Whitehorse, Yukon on Sundays throughout the 2014 summer.